Look into the Future
How does it work?
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology NFC Enabled smart phones = store and operate information from contactless smart cards, thus transforming the smart phone to a single information source to access different application portals e.g. transport, payment, access control, identification (boarding pass), etc.
- The technology works through radio waves, similar to how contactless smart card works.
Huge potential in the future for ISIC
- According to Juniper Research, 1 in five smart phones are expected to be NFC enabled by 2014, reaching 300 million NFC enabled smart phones globally. North America is expected to contribute half of the growth, followed by Europe (France in particular) as the second largest market.
- According to KPMG, 24% of people (9600 respondents in 31 countries) around the world are now opting to pay using a mobile phone in shops, instead of using cash and cards. North America is expected to contribute to half of the growth, with Europe on second place.
- Though these expectations might be optimistic, it might take some more time for the technology to be globally implemented, ISIC Global follows the trends and developments and will include them in the project of the ISIC Cloud.